Real Girl Beauty

For every girl who's imagined herself as Lucky Magazine's "Lucky Girl." Or who's conquered her addiction to the bitchier-than-thou style.com forums. Or who reacts every day to her Daily Candy email with the same: "Who can afford that?" Here are some heartfelt health and beauty tips from one Real Girl to another.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Lovely Lashes, Lovely Price

Girls, when I find a great new mascara, it's like a holiday. Pack your bags! Bring sunscreen!

Ok, so technically, Cover Girl LashExact (and its PR guru) found me, but big yay for that! Because I probably wouldn't have been immediately drawn to it on my own. The hot pinkness of the brush scared the bejeezus out of me. After all, they make mascara in that color, and lordy above I hope I never have to see it. But have no fear! This brush turns out to be one fantastic little mascara companion.

Cover Girl's very excited about this new brush, and Real Girl says she'll jump on board. Its bristles are firm enough to comb your lashes as you apply the mascara--and my trick of holding the wand to the tip of the lashes to enhance curl works just fine.

HERE'S THE THING: Real Girl doesn't quite recommend LashExact as a one coat mascara. But the brush allows you to apply 2 coats without clumping. My technique is to apply one eye, then the other, and then repeat. With two coats, LashExact provides enough length and thickness--the exalted combo!--to send me off on the town happily.

If you're looking for a drugstore mascara, Real Girl thinks this one's super--and an excellent value at $6.99!

But do share your own favorites! It's time to dish mascara, ladies!!

xx

Real Girl