Real Girl Beauty

For every girl who's imagined herself as Lucky Magazine's "Lucky Girl." Or who's conquered her addiction to the bitchier-than-thou style.com forums. Or who reacts every day to her Daily Candy email with the same: "Who can afford that?" Here are some heartfelt health and beauty tips from one Real Girl to another.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Wowder!


Oh, ladies, the search lasted long time. La Real Girl? She is shiny. But I don't trust most powders--or at least, I hadn't found the right one. Wrong color! Too cakey! Makes me break out!

My perfect powder would have to be loose, for sure, not of the compact variety. Because the ingredients that gel the powder into the compact can make you break out (yuck!). And that sponge you use to apply is just a trip to Bacterialand. So beautiful, loose, translucent powder. To be applied lovingly with a fluffy brush. (I have my favorite powder brush, but feel free to share yours in the comments!) This powder would have to become invisible once applied. It would be light. Airy. And, lo and behold, it would manage my shine.

I introduce to you Lorac Face Powder. I love it so much I want to marry it.

Will this eliminate shinies all day? No, not without reapplication. But boy does it make my skin look nice in the morning. A light dusting of translucent powder sets your makeup beautifully. So, for instance, feel free to dust your eyelids after eyeshadow but before mascara to help that shadow last longer. Set your blush, bronzer, foundation, concealer, whatever you may use. If you're not a fan of foundation, this powder acts as a nice substitute. It balances skin tone without looking makeupy. How did I live without it!?

My perfect color is P2, the second lightest. It's best for fair skin with yellow undertones. For truly fair skin, with blue undertones, you'll want to try P1. As for darker skin? Experiment in a department store or Sephora to see if there's a tone for you.

We've never chatted about powder before! Wow me ladies! Can't wait to hear about yours.

With love from,
xx,
Real Girl